Molecular Biology And Genetic Engineering Lab
- Bioprospecting of important medicinal plants for isolation and characterization of bioactive molecules and pinpointing the gene linked qualitative traits like high curcumin and essential oil content in turmeric through chemical and molecular profiling.
- Chemotyping and genotyping of important medicinal plants like Hedychium coronarium, Curcuma caesia, Curcuma longa and Zingiber zerumbet using different chromatographic techniques (GC, GC-MS, HPTLC etc) and molecular markers (SSR, SNP and other sequenced based markers for authentication of cultivars and species.
- Molecular characterization and development of stress tolerant genotypes in sweet potato.
- Analysis of differential gene expression with respect to curcumin content in turmeric.
- Molecular marker based assessment of genetic diversity of some threatened medicinal plants of eastern ghat.