Semi Conductor Research lab
The Lab established in the year 2007 with the CSIR & SOA University funding, owns major equipments like Hydraulic Press with Powder Compressor Die, Hall Effect Apparatus, Four Probe Setup, Digital electronic balance, Tube annealing furnace, NIPXI-Labview and Ultrasonic cleaner etc. along with other equipments mentioned in the list; using which the major activities carried out in the lab includes
- Growth of bulk and thin films of oxide semiconductors for Physical & Bio sensors applications.
- Growth of III – V compound semiconductors for high speed device applications.
- Preparation of DMS (Dilute Magnetic Semiconductors) for spintronics applications.
- The selection of proper binary liquid mixtures to control the size of the nanoparticles.
- Synthesis of oxide based nanoparticles (ZnO, HfO2, SnO2, TiO2, etc.) using binary liquid mixtures like alcohol and ketone group.
- Application ofbinary liquid mixtures for the synthesis and Stabilization of Metal Nanoparticles (Au, Ag).
Thrust area of Research : Dilute Magnetic Semiconductor (DMS) and Bio- sensor.
Faculties Involved : Dr. Sushanta Kumar Kamilla, Dr. Dilip Kumar Mishra, Dr. Priyabrata Pattanaik, Dr. Pragyan Mohanty, Dr. Ranjita Mohapatra.